Western Property Management, Inc.
Animal & Service Animal Policies
Service Animals: This section refers to all who have Service Animals, Therapy Animals, Emotional Support Animals, and Companion Animals. Any animal that is not considered an animal to the occupants is considered a service animal, which serves an occupant for their wellbeing.
Approval Process: Permission to keep a service animal at the dwelling will require you to fill out and animal profile. All requests will be run through the Fair Housing Office.
- Examples of items needed for your animal are: A signed note from a medical professional or other qualified third party, on letter head, requesting a reasonable accommodation. Online certificates will not be accepted. Shot records, 1 photo and any other applicable information.
Approval does not extend to any other animal. Permission to keep a service animal is restricted to the particular animal described at time of applying and/or requested during time of occupancy.
- If tenant fails to provide a note from a medical professional or other qualified third party, the animal may be deemed as an animal and subject to animal responsibilities & charges.
- Owner reserves the right to deny a service animal if it creates a hardship which includes, but not limited to cancelation of homeowner’s insurance, HOA Fines due to weight/breed of animal, county restrictions on breed, etc.
- Western Property Management, Inc. reserves the right to deny a service animal if documentation is falsified, no shot records are provided for the animal, if the animal has a bad review from a previous landlord, if the animal is aggressive or not well socialized, if it poses a threat to neighbors or the community, if it has a report or warning against it from a law enforcement or other negative record.
- Western Property Management, Inc. reserves the right to cancel the Animal Agreement on a 10 day notice to comply if considered necessary for the welfare of the rental unit and/or surrounding areas/community. Failure to abide by WESTERN PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, INC. Policy could lead to a 14 day notice to comply or a 3 day notice to remove the animal.
Tenant Responsibility: Tenants are required to obtain renter’s insurance and maintain such insurance during all times of occupancy. Animals will not be allowed to create excessive noise or become an annoyance to the neighboring community. Tenants are required to keep their Service Animal on a leash when walking, having in front of house (if the front yard is not fully fenced) or having in the back yard of a property that is partial or not fenced. Under no circumstances should the service animal be left unattended in a yard that is not fenced or chained/tied to any object. Animals are prohibited to soil or damage common areas of the premises, such as walkways, parking lots, gardens, shrubbery, plants and grass. This damage also includes carpet, floor coverings, doors, woodwork, drapes and/or blinds or any other rental areas.
- Tenants are not permitted to adopt/replace another service animal without Western Property Management, Inc. s permission. If adoption is needed WESTERN PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, INC. will require the Breed, Age and Weight of the animal you seek to adopt as well as a current note on letterhead from a medical professional or qualified third party. (See above Approval Process)
Animals: A living organism that feeds on organic matter
Approval Process: Permission to keep any animals at the dwelling will require you to fill out an Animal Profile. Items needed for your animal(s) shot records (if applicable), 1 photo of each animal, and any other applicable information.
Animals are only allowed with prior approval of the owner and Western Property Management, Inc. There is a $400.00 refundable animal fee for the 1st animal and $200.00 for each additional. Also, there is a $35.00 animal charge per month for the 1st animal, then $15.00 for each additional.
Live Stock: Animals such as Pigs, Horses, Cows, Rabbits, etc. must be on rural (Countryside) properties and have written permission from Western Property Management, Inc. All live stock must be kept outside and in adequate cages or fences. No Indoor live stock will be permitted.
Western Property Management, Inc. Requires prior approval and an animal profile be completed for any animals including but not limited to; Reptiles (Snakes, Frogs, Turtles), Rodents (Mice, Ferrets, Hamsters, Guinea Pigs), Birds (Chickens, Parakeets, Parrots) and Fish before entering into the properties. Salt Water Fish are approved by written permission only.
Not Permitted: Indoor Rabbits and 25 Gallon Fish Tanks or Larger will not be permitted.
Tenant Responsibility: You will be held responsible for ALL animal damage caused in your rental unit. This includes, but is not limited to full carpet replacement, trim replacement, painting, yard and all other damages caused by your animal(s).
Death/Adoption of an Animal: If an animal passes away, tenant is required to notify the office so that we may update your account accordingly. Tenants are not permitted to adopt/replace their animal without WESTERN PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, INC. permission. Another animal profile will be required. Items needed for your animal(s) shot records, 1 photo of each animal, and any other applicable information.
This information will need to be reviewed by WESTERN PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, INC. and the owner of the property prior to seeking adoption.
Unauthorized Animal: If found that tenants have an unauthorized animal in the home or not the same animal as what was agreed on during time of move in, tenants can be faced with a 14 day notice to correct or vacate (2 or more notices in a 6 month period can be cause for termination of lease agreement). Please review your lease agreement, under animals, for further information on fines and requirements.
Service animals do not fall under the category of “animals.”